SPONSORS

Check out

Monday 2 July 2012

Tottenham make a big mistake to sack Redknapp – Jordan

Harry Redknapp’s former right-hand man Joe Jordan has slated the decision to axe the ex-Tottenham manager, as the White Hart Lane club prepare to replace him with former Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas.
Redknapp, Jordan and fellow assistant Kevin Bond where shown the door after Spurs failed to qualify for next year’s Champions League and Redknapp was unable to negotiate a new contract.
And Jordan feels the sacking of 65-year-old Redknapp along with himself and Bond is premature and came as quite a shock.

“Not for the life of me did I think I would go off on my holiday and return to find my contract had been terminated,” the Scot said. “You look to improve and we would have.
“I didn’t see it coming. When I left White Hart Lane on the final day of the season I was looking forward not only to the next season – but also the Champions League.”
Spurs were in trouble at the foot of the Premier League when Redknapp replaced Juande Ramos as Tottenham boss, and within four seasons he had the club in the quarter-finals of the Champions League and bidding for the league title – before their challenge faded away in the latter part of the campaign.
And Jordan believes Redknapp had lined up a couple of new acquisitions that would take the club back into the Champions League, after being denied their place after Chelsea’s Champions League victory in May.
“I think Harry had his eyes on one or two players who he thought could improve the team,” the 60-year-old added.
“We improved in each of the seasons we were at Tottenham. Harry would have got the players he wanted and we would have progressed further.”

No comments:

Post a Comment